Saturday, January 27, 2007

Istanbul is amazing (sent 1/27/07)



Hello!

Just got back today from my trip to Istanbul and it was absolutely amazing! Such a beautiful city!

I had been planning on going to Istanbul with two PCV friends. We arrived and they decided to drag me to a restaraunt for dinner. Unbeknownst to me, Cuttino, a family friend from zeman (a long time ago, could mean a week, could mean 23 years....) had asked my parents if he could marry me and they had told him I would be in Istanbul. My mom arranged with the girls for them to bring me to this restaraunt and that is where he proposed. He stayed at a hostel two streets over and the four of us did a little sightseeing but he had to leave after two days to get back to work in Georgia.

Cuttino and I are now engaged, and my village now knows I am in a relationship. They were all very excited for me and I think I will be having an engagement party sometime later this month. Cuttino and I will wait till our service is over and probably get married in December of 2008 in North Carolina.

I will post pictures of the ring and us in Istanbul later this week (probably after we get paid on Thursday, because I am living on pennies for the rest of the month!)

Love you all and miss you!
Jessica

No comments: